Private Equity, Venture Capital & Real Estate
Local expertise, global reach
Establishing a private equity, considering a change in administrator or from current in-house processes?
Mainstream Fund Services is your ideal partner. Our highly experienced professionals can help you with every aspect of your fund’s operation, from fund set-up to ongoing administration.
Our experts bring a mix of complex domestic and international experience covering:
- Private equity, venture capital, real estate, fund of funds
- Opportunity zones, hybrid structures
- Complex structures: Master Feeder, Co-Invest, Employee Plans, Parallel, Blockers, and SPVs
- Investment Instruments: Equity, Senior Debt, Mezz Debt, Convertible Debt, Warrants, LP positions, Real Assets
Whether you are a small or established fund, Mainstream Fund Services offers more than just administration.
Our range of services includes:
Fund Launch and Implementation
- Coordinate and/or support investor due diligence and fund closings.
- Review of LPAs, side letters, PPM’s, and other marketing materials (with expertise in SEC compliance).
- Review and model: management fee, waterfall, and expense calculations.
Fund Administration and Accounting
- Maintain G/L, prepare financial statements, footnotes and all work papers; coordinate annual audit and all related fieldwork on behalf of investment manager; provide access to customized reporting and interactive web-based tools provide management team access to view books/records in real time.
- Compute and process all capital calls and distributions which are fully-integrated with GAAP and tax basis capital accounts (investor-by-investor) and based on complex, multi-tier waterfalls (e.g., special allocations of income, expenses, feeder/blocker costs, management fees, and carried interest).
- Services available for (i) fund-level vehicles (main/parallel funds, AIVs, feeder funds, blocker and splitter vehicles), (ii) management companies, team vehicles, and other similar upper tier entities, and (iii) all portfolio company and/or joint venture level entities.
Management, Portfolio Company, Real Assets and Royalties Services
- Fully integrated and cost-effective: accounting, financial reporting, loan/equity drawdowns.
- Coordination with property managers for monthly cash flows and financial reporting.
- Risk management: review internal controls, test fee/promote calculations, model deal economics.
- Fund, deal, and investor-level performance computations (gross/net IRRs and multiples, etc.).
- Structured asset-level data collection for cross-portfolio analytics, business planning, and risk/valuation processes.
- Review of valuation models and coordinate auditor review.
- Maintain CRM database and secure web-based portal used for all investor deliverables (e.g. quarterly reports, capital account statements, capital call and distribution notices, schedule K-1s and other tax information, etc.); administer all investor-related compliance matters, e.g. AML / KYC. Distribution of all investor reporting (e.g. email and/or web portal).
- Customized investor reports and ad-hoc requests for institutional investors (e.g. asset-level diversification and risk analysis data, cash flow projections, investment/investor performance data, ILPA fee report, etc.).
- Supplemental treasury services available, including full accounts payable and processing support (e.g. wire transfers for investments, expenses, and/or investor distributions), opening and maintaining bank accounts (and related KYC), credit facility administration and compliance, and FX support (trade support, exposure analysis, and management reporting).
Tax Audit and Compliance Support
- Liaison with external tax service providers: provide detailed work papers, financial statements, investor allocations, and investment cost and P/L reports. Follow up on open items. FATCA support.
- Annual audit support: work with external audit team in providing the annual financial statements, provide all supporting work papers, maintain audit schedule, and respond to all open items and testing samples.
- Coordinate distribution of annual audited financial statements and K-1s to investors.
- Provide reporting to support regulatory filings including Form PF and Form ADV.
- Don’t feel trapped with your current platform or service provider due to the perceived pain of transition time and cost.
- Mainstream can make your transition to our high quality platform seamless and cost effective. We have a cost effective approach to transitions, we are co-sourcing partners with our customers and we invest in the relationship.
- Our team has transitioned 750+ funds from manual and industry standard platforms. We have experience with data in Investran, TNR, Equitrak, eFront, and many other products used in the close-end fund market.
- Our extensive knowledge of technology platforms allows us to simplify the process, and efficiently transition your funds.
- Our service quality and technology is the best available and we do not expand our fees for reports and data transparency that should be the core of your middle – back office requirements.
Need a PE, VC, or RE administrator and want a fast quote?Submit Quote Request
5 reasons to use Mainstream Fund Services:
- Tailored offering to match your operational model.
- Track record of implementing market leading enterprise solutions for both boutique and global wealth managers.
- Global platform with local service delivery.
- Stable management team who combine a consultative approach with deep industry experience.
- Scalable technology platforms from best-of-breed providers.